Whether you are in school, hospital, or office, you will find how people gather to form a team and accomplish the goals. If the company wants to accomplish cohesive and productive goals, it is needed to emphasize effective team building. Even in companies, several teams are created like management team, executive team, and other functional teams to fulfill the objective of the business. Leadership cannot sustain efficacy until it adapts to the changing trends and market scenarios. Effective team leadership promotes innovation. As an example, you can consider Richard Nahas, who is involved in fulfilling the leadership part and how he performs his role effectively.
Role of a Team Leader
Nowadays, only those people can thrive as effective leaders who can understand the nature of leadership implementable on the team. According to researchers, leadership is the essential element for the company in terms of success and failure. The leadership roles are needed to be motivational and inspirational within the organization.
The meaning of leadership is diverse for different people depending upon the situation. Effective leadership has the potential to lead the team by behavioral influence. A great leader like Richard Nahas monitors the situation and takes action accordingly. With the help of internal and external leadership actions, leaders manage the whole team. We can classify the internal and external leadership actions in a way given as follows.
1. Internal Leadership Actions
- Goal orientation – Leaders like Reed Hastings set clear and specific goals which can be further achieved by the team. When different targets are individually accomplished, leaders can further combine the goals achieved, leading to enhancement in overall team performance.
- Effective decision making – Leaders use their previous experience and knowledge to draw out the best decisions for the team. They use their analytical skills to assess the situation.
- Learning and training – Learning and training increase productivity. Training nurtures future leaders. It develops better managerial skills and abilities.
- Maintaining value and standards – Leaders ensure a work culture that promotes integrity, authenticity, humility, and respect. They maintain high value and standard building brand reputation.
- Managing conflicts – Leaders are responsible for solving interpersonal conflicts among employees. They focus on recruiting positive people.
- Encourage collaboration – Leaders concentrate on promoting collaboration and cooperation in the work culture.
2. External Leadership Actions
- Assessment of external indicants – The leader effectively assesses the indicants that may affect the business with the help of various procedures, including customer satisfaction surveys.
- Negotiating with senior management – Leaders converse with senior management regarding appreciation, rewards, support, resources, or other factors to enhance team performance.
- Protection to a team member from external diversions – Leaders ensure that employees are working as planned without external distractions.
- Networking to gain informational resources – Leaders provide general information from an appropriate external source.
Leadership denotes the qualities of leaders. In the absence of an effective leadership strategy, the organization’s strategy will not work out as planned. Sometimes managing the whole team becomes quite harder if the relationship between the employee and leader isn’t truthful and powerful.